Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today is 4 years since i said "Yes"!!

On this day, 4 years ago, Dave asked me to be his compainon and helper, his wife! It was such a surprise to me, seeing as we weren't even dating! Or in a relationship at all. And yet, i had secretly been waiting and praying for this moment for 10 months. It was such a special moment for both of us. We were in love! (and we're even more in love now.. 4 years later).
I couldn't say 'yes' fast enough!
Here we are 4 years ago sitting where Dave proposed to me.
And below is a photo of us the day after we were engaged.
(yes these photos have been scanned! hence the bad quality).
... and now we are 4 years later, expecting our 3rd child!
(and we havent even been married for 4 years yet!!)

So in celebration of our 'engagement anniversary' we took a trip up to jerusalem (yes, with the kids) to a cafe to drink hot chocolates and eat delicious Apple pie. And the best part of all was sitting at a window seat in a warmly heated cafe with the rain pouring down outside. It couldn't have been a more romantic way to enjoy our day. (well maybe a babysitter would have been one step closer to it being just perfect! haha.)




We didnt even manage to get a photo of just the two of us!! haha

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy 4th engagiversary! Yours is one of the best engagement stories I've ever heard. I still remember how blown away I was when you told us!

Thank you SO MUCH for going up to Jerusalem for us. I'm glad you were able to make a family day of it!

The Gordon Family said...

Amy-Lee, I love your blog. You are such a wonderful wife and mother. Your children and husband are truly blessed. I love to read your blog and keep up with your lives. Maybe we might even get to see you all again sometime.